Long weekend with birthday love in the air

I know I've had other weekends that led into a Monday vacation day. This one is special though. My Princess's birthday is coming up and we will celebrate all week. Making this Monday extra special. :)
This past Saturday was the day Lex and four bff's celebrated her birthday. I woke up early to start the preparations. I first went to pick up the cake. Then drove to pick up the balloons. After that I went to the movie theater to purchase the movie tickets to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D. The next thing I did was go to the restaurant, Gringo's, to decorate the table and leave the cake. And the final thing I did was go to buy Ricky's earned DSi. I promised that as an award for doing good work on the TAKS test. He not only did good but TOTALLY FANTASTIC, because he earned a commended score in Math and in Reading. I was tickled pink when his teacher called to tell me.

Ricky went with me to do all that birthday party running around because he knew I would make that purchase too. I loved buying it for him too.

I arrived home with 10 minutes to get myself ready. The best part was that on the invitation it had to be here at 2:00 pm and promptly all four girls arrived. Then we drove to Gringo's.

Lex was so cute she chose the table without the balloons. And was happy surprised to know that table that was decorated was for her.
After they ate the waiter brought out the cake. I asked them to not sing, but we did our own song for her. She prefers no attention.



Then we went to the movies. Walking straight in is the best way to go. I was happy to buy the tickets in advance. The movie was cute and perfect for the occasion. The noisey chatter I dislike during a movie was exactly how the girls were behaving. Only Lex was quiet, thankgoodness. But, I started preparing a way to defend the girls anyway. I could tell some were agitated. I understood.

Then we came home and they played for another 2 hours. I loved the day for Lex. She's a sweet, hard working and beautiful girl who deserves the best.

I LOVE birthdays! I also love to make a big deal of them. I can remember when they were born, I was so happy and anxious to meet the growing baby in me. Both my children are my greatest accomplishments. So on their birthday's I make sure and make the day extra-extra great!

-V
Follow M8Victoria on Twitter

Comments