Sunday’s Rule

The day I love best is Sunday. I have learned to make myself think that. Since historically for me, it has been the day I dreaded most. Who can blame me since when younger my days at school were what I like to call, “challenging”.

For a youngling like I was, school was confusing and bully filled. As I grew up I learned survival skills and ways to make my Sunday no longer the day for hoping for a longer weekend. It is now the day of new beginnings.

My week coming up is going to be good, at work I can’t wait to see if my projects come to pass successfully. Much to anticipate since I thrive on challenges and enjoy the whole learning experience. My love for God is the true strength to all this. I trust him and know with him in control of my life I have nothing to fear or doubt.

This weekend began with Saturday getting my nails done, then we went to the San Jacinto Monument, then Sunday the kids and I ran the neighborhood and fed the ducks at the pond.

Getting my nails done was fun plus the book I read was an advertising legend essay. Interesting. My Kindle came in very handy just tried extra hard to not get it dirty.

The trip we took to the San Jacinto Monument made me feel like a kid again and my heart was filled with tons of joy seeing how the kids and my husband all played and laughed together. The moment I tried to playfully tackle my son was the only time I thought my youthfulness had diminished, I tripped and fell. But it was the sound of my ankle that made me think I really might have hurt myself. The ruin of our day trip was what flashed before my eyes, and that was the exact thought I immediately willed away. NOTHING was going to ruin our family time. And it didn’t as soon as I stood up,…..GAME ON.

We need to do more of that. Having actual good family time is what I treasure most.

Sunday when the kids and I fed the ducks and walked around the neighborhood was the exercise I desperately needed. Peaceful sitting down watching the kids throw tiny pieces of bread to the ducks. Those ducks can get aggressive fighting over bread crumbs. I bet they have a scheduled routine of people who feed them; they knew exactly when to swim and fly away.

Comments