Hard decisions?

Would it be horrible if I made my son do something using the I'm an adult-your a child, I'm right-your wrong, I'm big-your small mantra? I think it would. I like to explain situations to both my kids. They may not have complete understanding but they do have feelings and I take them serious.
Although sometimes there are situations when a parent does have to make decisions because they just know what is best. Done. And in time the kids will look back and know that what we did was for their protection and better good.

This weekend I had to endure the pain of watching my son's reaction to changing drum instructors. He would of played the same song for 20 years just to not hurt the feelings of an teacher who knew that what Ricky needed was beyond his abilities to teach.
My husband and I agreed that learning to read music, in addition to all drum theory was better for our son. A new teacher with the experience was now available for an even better lesson time that worked best for our busy schedule too.

As I started out.....and in time the kids will look back and know that what we did was for their protection and better good. I pray.





Follow M8Victoria on Twitter

Comments